Monday, May 13, 2013

Crazy May Weather

We had been having a lovely spring until a few days ago.  We had thunder and hail storms, now very cold temps.  The weatherman says it will frost tonight.  The children, hubby, and I scurried to cover the strawberries and peppers.  I am praying that my blueberry bushes, fruit trees, and lilacs will make it.  Little M. cut bouquets of lilacs so we could at least enjoy some of my favorite flowers in case the rest freeze tonight.

It was a busy day.  I woke early with Hubby and sent him off to work with bacon and eggs, and a lunch of tuna salad and clam chowder.  I figured since I already had the pan dirty, I might as well make more bacon for the kiddos.

It was very windy so I hung 4 loads of laundry outside.  I made a batch of brown bag burritos for the freezer and cooked the chicken for tomorrow's dinner of chicken, broccoli, cheese, and rice casserole.  Oldest daughter made homemade burrito wraps and cinnamon rolls.  Super Granny blessed us with a lot of asparagus.  We blanched and froze enough for 3 meals.  It seemed like a mountain of dishes to wash.

I finished up a skirt for Little M.  It was sewn out of fabric that I used to make myself a dress this past weekend.  I love that she wanted to match me.  All to soon I know those days will be gone.

I feasted on a delicious healthy carrot cake made by oldest daughter.  For dinner we had grass fed chipped steak, sauteed onions, asparagus, and zucchini fritters.

I hope I have more of these productive days.

No comments:

Post a Comment