Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Busy Week

I can't believe how summer is flying by!  This has been a busy week.  Monday we froze lots of corn.  Tuesday we canned 6 quarts of peaches that we were blessed with by my Aunt MaryJane.  We had enough left over for eating and pies.  Wednesday we picked cherry plums at Uncle Bob's and canned them.  We ended up with 22 quarts and 4 pints.  What a sticky mess!  One jar broke in the canner and made all of the other jars sticky.

Today I need to set up for a garage sale that will be Friday and Saturday.  I hope we have a lot of customers.  I want to declutter the house!  The pile of yardsale stuff has been overtaking my screened porch for far too long.

My thoughts need to turn to starting school.  I'm not ready yet. I know when I settle down and look through our books for this year I will get excited.  But for now I'm clinging to the last days of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment