Saturday, August 28, 2010

Hanging on to summer (with both hands)

We have been enjoying the last few days of summer.  Hubby has been off.  We have had so much fun making new family  memories.  The children and I canned 19 jars of spaghetti sauce, 2 1/2 quarts of catsup, 13 jars of fox grape juice, and today I dehydrated a bag of apples which yielded about 1 1/2 quarts.  I've enjoyed flower bouquets from my girls.  I had some time to quilt.  I got  a massage which helped all of my sore spots (hip, back, arm) immensely!  We had time to play with the pottery wheel and to go to Knoebel's Grove.  We went at night.  It seemed almost magical seeing it all lit up.
Oh, how my girl loves to make a mess!
Today we accomplished a lot around the farm.  The boys are adding electric to our barn.  Pussycat and I baked a banana cake and dried some apples.  We had a great lunch and cleaned the schoolroom.  I sat in the fenced area with our chickens and drifted off for a short nap in the sun.

Altogether this has been a perfect vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment