Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Turning My Frown Upside Down

Yesterday I was speaking with my oldest daughter.  She's 13.  She was having a grumpy day.  I was trying to make her smile.  My advice was to turn that frown upside down.  I thought about it and the words stopped me in my tracks.  The past few weeks I have had more frowns than smiles.

I decided to count blessings instead!  I may have current aches and pains but that does not and should not diminish all that I have to be thankful for.

  1. My husband that I have spent more than half of my life loving.
  2. The 3 children I have been blessed with.  When I was a little girl I used to dream of my babies.
  3. The freedom to homeschool my children.
  4. A beautiful daughter who gave me a pedicure just to make me feel better.  I now have lovely pink toenails.
  5. Making omelets for breakfast with our own fresh eggs.
  6. Vacation time spent leisurely shopping with the whole family happy and content. This was in Cabela's.
  7. Opening the chicken coop door in the morning and watching "the girls" rush out to start eating bugs.
  8. Listening to my husband be so happy and carefree that he whistled and sang the entire day in the car yesterday!
  9. Finding a little bit of time to quilt.  I am working on a fruit basket table runner.
Oh my......I feel so much better now.  I have been blessed!

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this! I've been wanting to start the "multitude Monday" list of blessings (Holy Experience), but I haven't started yet. Counting blessings really can turn your frown upside down:) Thanks for the reminder.
    Hope you continue to enjoy your vacation. Praying you are no longer in pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counting your blessings always turns a frown into a smile....we are all so blessed with so much!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete